Friday, June 3, 2011

Hey batter, batter!

Well, tonight kicks off Greg's softball season! Last summer he joined a team with a lot of men from our church and played on Friday nights. And... it is that time again! He will be playing on the same team, and he is pretty excited. Many of the player's wives and children go to the games, so it is a fun way to spend part of a Friday evening. I remember going to the games last summer when we had only been married for a few weeks! Crazy! (The picture above is actually from last summer, but I am sure tonights outfit will be similar. Last year, he got the nickname "socks" because of these ridiculous socks he insists on wearing. Its too funny.)

This year will be a little different because Greg will have a new cheerleader in the stands: Bailey! Since the games are at a park here in town she is allowed to attend. I am sure that she will LOVE going, and probably want to help chase balls in the outfield. We will see how well she behaves. I am crossing my fingers the rain holds off for tonight so we dont get dumped on. Rain, rain go away! Or at least just wait until later.. ha!

Well, I need to go fix my all-star player some dinner! Go Greg! Hopefully the first game will be a "win" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment