Saturday, June 11, 2011

My kind of hike :-)

Today was amazing. Greg and I decided to celebrate our anniversary today since my mom was visiting during our actual anniversary day (which was super fun to have her here!) We had planned to go on a hike, since that is what Greg loves to do, and then get all cleaned up for a nice dinner out, which I love doing. Sounded like great plans to me, but little did I know the hubby had a completely different plan up his sleeve.

It started this morning when he took care of the pup and let me sleep in, so wonderful! Then when I woke up, I was given a super sweet card with a surprise inside: we were going on a totally different kind of hike. There was money inside of another envelope that said he was taking me on a shopping spree. The conditions were: I had to spend all the money today and it had to all be spent on me. I was WAY excited, since many of my summer clothes are too big on me and I haven't shopped in a long time as we have been saving for a house.

So, we got ready, packed up the pup, and headed to the east bay. Grandma & Grandpa Triplett puppy-sat (thank you!) and we shopped, till we dropped! Greg was so selfless and such a servant when we shopped, running and getting me other sizes and offering great fashion advice. Really. We finished with a yummy dinner in down town Walnut Creek (where we had our first date exactly two years ago) and some time relaxing in his parent's spa.

It was such an incredible day; I am left with a heart full of love for my sweet husband. He was so thoughtful and sacrificed his desires for mine. I am truly blessed with him, and I look forward to being his wife for many, many more years. And who knows, maybe we will have time for that (real) hike afterall. :-) THANK YOU GREGORY TRIPLETT!! I love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Greggory!!!! Very impressed!!! BUMMED i didn't get to see you!!!! But glad you had a great time!!!! <3 you too are so cute!

    ReplyDelete