Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Trust

Tonight at our last small group session (sad!) we discussed what it looks like to trust God and trust our spouses. Such a great conversation! What is trust? How do we do it? Do we do it? These exact questions I have been wrestling with for the last 6 months (at least). Some say trusting is easy, others say it is nearly impossible. For those that it is more difficult, usually something hurtful has happened. And my lack of trust started with hurt. When my parents were moved I was heartbroken, heartbroken by God. It has taken three years, many tough times, and plenty of tears to realize I am on a very specific journey of learning to trust God. At times I have felt extremely guilty for lacking trust, for being mad at God, and even distancing myself from him. But you know what? It's okay. David got angry with God, Jacob wrestled with God, and even Jesus had his heartbroken. I look back and I am amazed at how far God has brought me. My journey ahead of me is still long and uncertain causing me to be timid, impatient, and even fearful; but to quote Mike Otto "trust breeds trust". So true! I can press on because I have a Lord that is 100% trustworthy guiding me. (And he has given me a pretty awesome hubby too :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment