Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A first step...

As I sat curled up on our couch next to my handsome husband, Greg Triplett, I excitedly announced, "I think I am going to become a blogger." With a sparkle in his big blue eyes and a quick nod he affirmed that it would be a "fabulous idea." (His true words!) So, that is how it all began.

I used to write all the time. I would write about love, the joy of the holidays, or just let my imagination run and allow the ideas to flow onto paper. Writing has a way of allowing what is in my mind and heart to come alive. It gives ideas breath and I get to see them dance on the pages as I progress. Yet, writing is an art. One of mystery, beauty, and like many other art forms; takes practice. Writing started becoming less frequent when I embarked upon my journey into dental hygiene school. More and more responsibility was added to my plate, I found myself with less down time, and my head became full with terms, tests, and teachings. In the span of the two years in school the art of writing became rusty. Now, that I have completed my schooling it is time to dust off the art form and begin to see the world as vividly as I once did. So here we go!

PS Thanks babe, for knowing I needed a little nudge :-)

2 comments: