Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The little things in life..

After a long weekend in Los Angeles our fridge was shouting to be filled. As we were grocery shopping I stumbled upon a whole section devoted to dairy free ice cream! It took me a while to decide on which one, yet finally (and proudly) threw in a small tub of "Turtle Trails". Vanilla ice cream with chocolate crunchies and a ribbon of caramel. When we got home I excitedly got myself a bowl of my new dessert and curled up on the couch next to Greg. For the next five minutes all I could say was, "Mmmmmm! Mmmm!" and answer Greg's strange looks with, "Hey. Its been seven years since I have had ice cream this good." (In case you haven't guessed I have been allergic to dairy for the last seven years.)

This small moment of extreme bliss made me realize it is the small things in life that are truly precious. Like when I catch Greg's eyes from across a full room and know I am loved. Or when he magically makes my text reappear when I accidently erase it (yes, that just happened). When I get a heart felt note from my mom or a random phone call from my dad. A text from my sister-in-law informing me that I am still the number one aunt in my adorable niece's eyes. Or when God captures my heart in a time of worship and all I can do is respond by raising my hands and singing my heart out. Moments that can be overlooked, mabye even seem small, but melt my heart.

... Oh the things that I can learn from dairy-free Turtle Trails ice cream ...

No comments:

Post a Comment