Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blessed by FBC

Greg and I became official members at First Baptist Church of Elk Grove, which may not seem like a large milestone to many but to me, it is huge. With my dad being a phenomenal pastor (I may be biased), it proved to be a tough task to find a church that could fill the empty shoes when he moved away. I wondered, at times, if I would ever call another church "home".

It did not take long until FBC came highly recommended to me by my boss. He raved about the Senior Pastor and his family. So Greg and I tried the church, enjoyed it and attended sporatically during engagement. When we got married and settled into quaint Elk Grove we became regular attendees.

I proudly admit that this church has been an enourmous blessing in my life, and in our life. They have solid, humble leadership, stellar teaching, outstanding worship, and my favorite part: community! I always dreamt of having great Christian friends to live life with, especially when married. And I can humbly say that is exaclty what we have. Greg and I are surrounded by deep, funny, thoughtful, Godly men and women. We have friends we get to sit with in church, friends to have over and play games late into the night, friends to have lunch dates, and friends to simply share life with! And yes, I find this WAY exciting.

Another new highlight in our lives is our young marrieds' small group on Tuesday night. We have roughly ten couples that attend, most of which have been married less than a year. We are currently studying different married couples in the Old Testament, and it has led to many great converesations! I look forward every Tuesday to go and hear what other couples have to share.

As these friendships continue to blossom my prayer is that we can become closer in the Lord. To feel like a family and a support system for each other as we figure out together what it means to be Godly husbands and wives, and what it means to have a Godly marriage.

I thank the Lord He led Greg and I to FBC. And He didn't stop there, He has blessed us with some awesome new friends :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment