Monday, February 28, 2011

Fabulous Fort Fun

Just last night, Greg and I were trying to figure out what to do. I was out of ideas, and honestly feeling bummed since my mom had just left that morning. Goodbyes are heartbreaking. So, Greg got an idea: "Come on babe! We are going to build a fort." As you can see in the picutre below, I was a bit skeptical...

But, if any of you know Greg and how big of a kid at heart he is, he was not skeptical. He was EXCITED! And, after a little assembly, here is our fabulous fort: It is named "Fort Magoo". (Magoo is an endearing name from my mom.)

It was complete with "heavy books" to hold down the blankets. Thank you seminary for giving Greg HUGE books to learn about the Lord, and to of course, help build forts:
I ended up having a great time. We played cards in our fort (I WON), laughed, and felt like kids again. The fort is put away now, but the memory is not. Thank you babe for cheering me up! I love you and I love married life.


3 comments:

  1. I think this is so adorable and great! When i get married some day, i definitely want to be able to build forts with my husband. :) This is such a great way to be cheered up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you two are cute. So fun :) Totally sounds like something we would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again... you two are ADORABLE!!!!! So glad you guys are having fun and able to be silly together :) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete