Friday, October 31, 2014

Twin talk!

Having twins is the greatest. Well, most days that is. And I am pretty sure I could write a novel about my experience with twins and talk "shop" forever with fellow MOM's (mothers of multiples). Having multiples is such a unique experience! Here are some reasons why I love having twins:

1. There are two! I have been stopped SO many times with the twins. In fact, being stopped started when I was pregnant. Everyone thought I was "about to pop", even though I had lots of time left.
I still had a month left in this photo! But there is something mysterious and down right C-U-T-E about doubles of pretty much everything.

2. They have to share! Greg and I have always said that we think it is such a great thing that our girls will have always had the experience of sharing and that life was never all about them. Sharing is and has always been part of their life.


3. They are forever sisters! As the girls grow it is super sweet to see them interact. They play together, hug each other, and get beyond excited to see one another after nap time (for now they nap separate). They learn from each other, challenge one another and giggle like crazy together. I am beyond grateful that they will always have one another in life. Their bond is just beginning!

And for fun here are the not-so-great things about having twins:

1. There are two! And that means two of this:
AT THE SAME TIME.

2. They have to share! Harper had to wear a helmet to help correct the shape of her head because she had to share room in the womb (and there was only so much space in there)! And just because our girls are twins does NOT mean they share well. 

For the record, I do NOT blame Olivia for Harper having to wear a helmet (nor was it a bad experience for Harper at all). Just demonstrating that sharing is not always easy.

3. They are forever sisters! They fight, bite, push and scream. (Why do little girls scream so loud?!). And all these not-so-fun moments started really young. They even pull each others head bands:

With all kidding aside I truly would not trade having twins for anything. There are moments where having a singleton (thats what MOM's call having just one baby at a time) seems nice and even desirable. Yet when I get piled on by two sweet and snuggly babies I know I was meant to have two. At the same time.


1 comment:

  1. You are such a great twin momma! Those girls are so well loved! And so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete